I am finding it increasingly difficult to form friendships

Hi, hope you are all well. Wave

I am sure I am not alone on here about this issue, but to put it quite simply I am 32 years old and I have no friends in real life. I met a couple of people on Facebook many moons ago that I became particularly friendly with and got to know, so much so that we have each others postal address to send each other greeting cards, but apart from that we only communitate with each other on Facebook as one of them lives abroad and the other 200 miles away.

In real life, no matter how well I get on with people it never gets past the workmate or acquaitance stage. As a child, forming friendships was relatively easy and I had some very good friends in both primary and secondary school (no longer in touch unfortunately). But as an adult, I am finding forming friendships to be increasingly difficult.

Parents
  • Hi,

I'm sorry you find this too.  I find the people who I am friends with are too busy to reach out more and so it feels like a one sided situation with me contacting them more.  This makes me feel unwanted and unimportant in their lives.  They've assured me it is busyness and not because they don't value our friendship which I believe but it's hard.  I think one friend who I saw regularly that wasn't family would be enough. If I wasn't allergic to animals, I'd be a crazycatlady too. :-) 

• Hi,

I'm sorry you find this too.  I find the people who I am friends with are too busy to reach out more and so it feels like a one sided situation with me contacting them more.  This makes me feel unwanted and unimportant in their lives.  They've assured me it is busyness and not because they don't value our friendship which I believe but it's hard.  I think one friend who I saw regularly that wasn't family would be enough. If I wasn't allergic to animals, I'd be a crazycatlady too. :-) 

Children
  • I can certainly relate to that. I once knew someone who would never reach out to me. I was always the one making the first move. Though looking back on it, they likely had a busy schedule and was also quite forgetful.

Sorry to hear about your allergy. Cat