Does anyone else get anxious when they hear a knock on the front door?

Hi all. Wave

Do you get all anxious when someone knocks on your front door and you just want them to go away? The abruptness and unknown makes me really tense. Needless to say, I never answer my door unless I am expecting someone or a package. If it's important they can text me (should they have my number) or drop a note through my letter box or something.

I also don't answer phone calls from unknown or numbers that I don't recognise. If it's important, they usually text or leave a voicemail.

Parents
  • Unless it's a pre-arranged visit, or I'm expecting a delivery, I feel anxious when I hear my doorbell ring and will often ignore it. Some years ago I printed off and laminated a 'No Cold Callers' sign from the Money Saving Expert website. Not everyone notices it, but it has helped to greatly reduce visits from cold callers.

As a rule, I seldom answer phone calls from phone numbers I don't recognise, or phone numbers that are withheld. I'm old school and have a landline phone with a built-in answer machine, which allows me to screen calls and decide if I want to answer. With phone calls, I find I experience a combination of anxiety and curiosity when the caller doesn't leave a message and I'm left wondering who the caller was and why they had phoned me.

• Unless it's a pre-arranged visit, or I'm expecting a delivery, I feel anxious when I hear my doorbell ring and will often ignore it. Some years ago I printed off and laminated a 'No Cold Callers' sign from the Money Saving Expert website. Not everyone notices it, but it has helped to greatly reduce visits from cold callers.

As a rule, I seldom answer phone calls from phone numbers I don't recognise, or phone numbers that are withheld. I'm old school and have a landline phone with a built-in answer machine, which allows me to screen calls and decide if I want to answer. With phone calls, I find I experience a combination of anxiety and curiosity when the caller doesn't leave a message and I'm left wondering who the caller was and why they had phoned me.

Children
No Data