Autism and ageing

Is my autism getting worse with age or am I just struggling more and more to function and mask ?

Parents
  • I think its probably more likely to be because as we get older we feel less like not being our authentic selves, the world i getting more and more complicated too, so much tech to keep up with, different ways of doing things, even simple things are being complicated beyond reason. Asking a simple question of someone seems like filling in a multiple choice questionaire and then being shoved to FAQ's that don't answer anything and there's rarely a human to speak too.

• It's an effort to mask. Think of all the work our brains have to do to fit-in to society adapted to non-autism. It's exhausting. As we get older, we have declining energy, and fugg spending it on masking.

The good news is that the cognitive decline of autistic people is slower than typical brains. (Saw a graph on this in a science paper, will post it if I find where I left that note ...)

• It's an effort to mask. Think of all the work our brains have to do to fit-in to society adapted to non-autism. It's exhausting. As we get older, we have declining energy, and fugg spending it on masking.

The good news is that the cognitive decline of autistic people is slower than typical brains. (Saw a graph on this in a science paper, will post it if I find where I left that note ...)

Children
No Data