Multitasking

Hi

Is it unusual to be able to multi task in some situations above average, or at least very well.

Generally, my executive function...organising, general day to day functioning, is non existent, but there was a job I had where I could function on multiple tasks extremely competently.

I am confused by this.  I also have ADHD.

Thanks

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi to both Iain and humane and thank you for your time and writing.

the job was shorter order cook, pub restaurant and bar food. So lots of mixed grills, general pub grub, alongside restaurant. Sometimes 30 covers, or tickets, waiting or in process of being cooked. Never felt flustered, calm, in control, np panic. Yes…hyper focused sounds accurate description and interesting that short tasks would allow for that, Iain. Almost danced around the kitchen. Very enjoyable. I sometimes find myself doubting myself which is distressing since my life is so chaotic and non functional in terms of managing life…paperwork of any kind, house duties…I have total isolation, no people in life, not seen anyone outside of two interactions with mental health services since first week November. But then able to multitask in this job so began obsessing over autism…feel quite crushed at times, don’t think it should be this hard, life. Why is it so important to have and accept a diagnosis, why can’t we just be who we are. Thanks again gentle people, much appreciated x