Brain in Hand follow-up post

I have recently been given the Brain in Hand app. as part of my DSA package. The app can store one's solutions to dealing with common issues, links to diaries, necessary phone calls etc, add reminders to a mobile home screen and enable contact with supporters. The big drawback for me is that I forget to look at my phone, or ignore any reminders unless they are aural. Also, the emergency support line at Brain in Hand can only talk the person through solutions to problems. I have not found any solution to my biggest problems and I have no family or support network that I can contact. Student services at college have minimal non-customised resources and multiple demands on their time. It can take weeks for them to get back to me.  Does anyone have any suggestions for what I might do to 

Parents
  • In terms of needing an aural reminder, it's probably not impossible to set an audio alert for brain in hand that is something like 'you have an appointment'

For the problem solving we can't help unless we know what kind of problems they are?

• I overfocus on a task and do not recognise the need to take a break (though I set a focus timer for 45 minutes on my laptop, i just repeat this ad infinitum). I become very frustrated and anxious at being unable to articulate my thoughts and organise them efficiently to complete college writing assignments. I cannot pull myself away from trying either. Brain in Hand support says they have no way of setting aural reminders.

• i just repeat this ad infinitum). I become very frustrated and anxious at being unable to articulate my thoughts and organise them efficiently to complete college writing assignments.

This is one of my challenges too.  I find music VERY helpful......and I find exercise VERY helpful too.  Trying to impose artificial "timer" deadlines on my brain are doomed to failure.

Music with a repetitive beat, and known form/structure, that are long and continuous (Lofi girl type streaming) seem to help me retain focus.....post-exercise exhaustion seems to help me attain focus in the first place.

It isn't a sure-fire way of making progress with my work, but it certainly seems the most helpful pairing of strategies for me.

Good luck.

• The other thing that works for me, if I'm REALLY up against it, is sleep deprivation.  After about 30 hours without sleep, I do seem to have the requisite "calmness" to have about 7 hours of very productive "downloading" from my brain.

I don't recommend this pathway because sleep deprivation is BAD for one's health.....AND....I effectively loose the next 24 hours from being productive and safe due to heavy sleep and brain fog.

Sometimes.....despite everything, I simply have to wait until my brain is ready.....there is no simple hack that I've found.

• The other thing that works for me, if I'm REALLY up against it, is sleep deprivation.  After about 30 hours without sleep, I do seem to have the requisite "calmness" to have about 7 hours of very productive "downloading" from my brain.

I don't recommend this pathway because sleep deprivation is BAD for one's health.....AND....I effectively loose the next 24 hours from being productive and safe due to heavy sleep and brain fog.

Sometimes.....despite everything, I simply have to wait until my brain is ready.....there is no simple hack that I've found.

Children
No Data