Generative AI is transforming how humans use dating apps and even spurring real people to romance AI chatbots.

Parents Reply Children
  • The examples were easy to spot as AI.

The uncanny valley runs deep but it is not very wide (so far).

• AND enjoyment is in the process of making and creating not just the end piece. Asking AI to create something, to me, does not fit this!

No it doesn't and that's not what it's about.

Your 1st example was a good one - creating profiles to fool people into believing they are relating to a real person in order to scam them.

Great for criminals.

I used to be a stock photographer - however, AI is killing it - so, it's a way for agencies and companies to save money by creating their own AI images rather than paying an artist or photographer.

Money talks.

• AND enjoyment is in the process of making and creating not just the end piece. Asking AI to create something, to me, does not fit this!

• It makes me sad that there's no spark of imagination. This is what makes humans, human. What makes someone want to create art or music. The expression of the self.

This is why I like impressionist art. It's about capturing the feeling instead of replicating to be realistic. On the link...obviously, Munch-type sky offsetting the Eiffel Tower isn't realistic but it's two things cobbled together at the instruction of something. Where's the soul in that!