Coping methods - Nappies

Hello, I have been having some issues recently and was hoping some of you may be able to help?

Please understand I am not trolling, this is genuine.

I have ASD and one of my coping methods is to wear nappies and use baby stuff. It helps me to feel safe. Currently I wear drynites every night and sometimes in the day. However they fall apart so I probably need to look for a different type. However I find adult nappies very intimaditing, I have tried putting stickers on them to make them look better but it makes them uncomfortable.

Does anyone know of any colourful adult nappies? Preferable cloth backed so they are breathable?

Also I use a dummy and was wondering if it is worth getting one designed for an adult?

Same with a changing mat?

Cheers

Parents
  • I think it could be a case of infantalism. I am aware of it as I have nappies but because of incontinence. I am diagnosed ASD also. So I do would not like in any way to be associated with being an adult baby just because I have a medical condition that means for me, nappies do an essential job and have always been a part of my day to day life. I've adjusted to not being embarrassed getting changed at the pool or at the beach but try to be as discreet as I can and certainly it is not something that you would tell people about, it is private after all. So when I read the person was talking about changing mats and dummies I thought probably it is most likely they are tending towards being an adult baby which is not relative to the autism condition unless you were profoundly autistic as I understand it.

• I think it could be a case of infantalism. I am aware of it as I have nappies but because of incontinence. I am diagnosed ASD also. So I do would not like in any way to be associated with being an adult baby just because I have a medical condition that means for me, nappies do an essential job and have always been a part of my day to day life. I've adjusted to not being embarrassed getting changed at the pool or at the beach but try to be as discreet as I can and certainly it is not something that you would tell people about, it is private after all. So when I read the person was talking about changing mats and dummies I thought probably it is most likely they are tending towards being an adult baby which is not relative to the autism condition unless you were profoundly autistic as I understand it.

Children
No Data