Puzzling GP conversation…

I (37f) went to see my GP today for a sick line. I am struggling with the demands of work at the moment. I am currently undertaking a private assessment for ASD after years of social difficulties and mental health issues. I asked the Dr while I was there if she would accept a private diagnosis. The (short) conversation ended in her saying if I had held down a job and a relationship I was not autistic. 

This has absolutely baffled me and seems a bit short sighted! I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

Parents
  • Sad situation but not unexpected.

Reminds me of my PIP assessment saying that I don't need any help because I successfully completed a degree.

• ha, if you got a degree then you need help because your degree would have likely put you in a life of debt lol

• LOL, American propaganda again. UK student loan is incredibly easy to pay, and if you get a good degree you will earn several times the salary of a person without. If you get a Mickey Mouse degree you will be in debt for life, but then you would just deserve it. I spoke with people with an History or Arts degree earning minimum wage lol.

• Minimum wage exists to benefit big business, because they can afford it, but the smaller businesses cannot.  Just politicians doing the bidding of their rich friends ... and the poverty that minimum wages cause - they do not care.
    If you work or the state, you should be paid less, as you have FAR more job security.  the state takes our money by the threat or use of force (commonly called taxation), or they take it via inflation (via money printing) so state workers always get paid, the plumber will not.

• Minimum wage exists to benefit big business, because they can afford it, but the smaller businesses cannot.  Just politicians doing the bidding of their rich friends ... and the poverty that minimum wages cause - they do not care.
    If you work or the state, you should be paid less, as you have FAR more job security.  the state takes our money by the threat or use of force (commonly called taxation), or they take it via inflation (via money printing) so state workers always get paid, the plumber will not.

Children
No Data