Loneliness and Isolation

For me isolation and loneliness are two of the main things I struggle with when it comes to my autism, I’m someone who is desperate to be around people and connect with others but I find it challenging to do this and it takes so much out of me to meet new people, and my social group has heavily dwindled. Would be great to connect with new people here? I’m based in Manchester area and don’t really have any support.

i feel l’m being a demanding person because i always feel that need for connection with people 

Parents
  • Hi Rhys, sorry to hear about how you've been feeling - you might already know about our branches page but I thought you may be interested in contacting a local National Autistic Society branch. Our branches offer support to local autistic people and their families. If you interesting in checking if there is a local branch near to you, please follow the link below: https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/local-branches 

Our branches are volunteer-led, and as such every branch and group is different. Some are parent support groups, some provide support and information to autistic adults, while others have office premises and run their own a drop-in service. You will need to check with a branch directly for more information on whether they are able to provide a particular service that you are interested in. 

Alternatively, f you were interested in starting a branch or group, please email branchservices@nas.org.uk 

Best,

SarahMod 

• I tried contacting my branch and they didn’t answer me. I also chased them up and they still didn’t get back to me. So yeh not very helpful for lonely autistic people who need help and support. I thought the NAS would be more welcoming but to be honest the actual people who were welcoming to me were the people here on these forums. 

• I tried contacting my branch and they didn’t answer me. I also chased them up and they still didn’t get back to me. So yeh not very helpful for lonely autistic people who need help and support. I thought the NAS would be more welcoming but to be honest the actual people who were welcoming to me were the people here on these forums. 

Children