Feeling alone when I’m not alone

Hi at the moment I feel alone like I have no friends when I do have very close friends. Rikki is speaking to me now which is great my other friends message me every day to see how I am but I just feel lonely all the time like no one cares about me when they do. I don’t know if it’s the mental health talking or not but does anyone else feel like the way I’m feeling right now? 

Parents
  • I always worry that people only message me because they feel obligated to. But when people dont message me then I also feel like they hate me, so I guess I never win 

Anyway I thought of this quote

“Well…alone is a way to be. It’s being by yourself with no one else around. And it can be good or bad. And it can be a choice…. But being lonely is never a choice. It’s not about who is with you or not. You can feel lonely when you are alone, but the worst kind of lonely is when you’re in a room full of people, but you’re still alone. Or you feel like you are anyway.”
    ― Lynda Mullaly Hunt, Fish in a Tree

I accidentally reported my own comment lol Face palm

• I always worry that people only message me because they feel obligated to. But when people dont message me then I also feel like they hate me, so I guess I never win 

This is the perfect encapsulation of the trap, that is, social media.  Everyone therein feels those things you so succinctly and efficiently expressed...because that is what social media does to you.  I like you Frozen because you are clever and honest and straightforward.  It doesn't matter is we message or not.  I think you know that.  This makes us friends.  I don't need to "heart" you, or "like" you, or "display" you.  You know I'm here and I support you.  That's nice isn't it!

Feeling alone is a force from within, not one that is imposed on us.  We have that choice not to feel lonely.

I choose not to feel lonely and I want to help others to feel the same if they want that too.

There are a dwindling number of us Frozen, in my mind, you are the president of the US branch of us.  Big shoes sister !!

Yours,

Number.

This is the perfect encapsulation of the trap, that is, social media.  Everyone therein feels those things you so succinctly and efficiently expressed...because that is what social media does to you.  I like you Frozen because you are clever and honest and straightforward.  It doesn't matter is we message or not.  I think you know that.  This makes us friends.  I don't need to "heart" you, or "like" you, or "display" you.  You know I'm here and I support you.  That's nice isn't it!

Feeling alone is a force from within, not one that is imposed on us.  We have that choice not to feel lonely.

I choose not to feel lonely and I want to help others to feel the same if they want that too.

There are a dwindling number of us Frozen, in my mind, you are the president of the US branch of us.  Big shoes sister !!

Yours,

Number.

Children
No Data