Autism Exploited

In an ongoing matter involving Social Services, a social worker, an independent social worker, a hospital official, a representative of CAFCASS, and even her own legal representation, my autistic niece has been disallowed any kind of support during all encounters with all parties. Her diagnosis is a matter of record, and  known to all, and yet it has been universally and systematically disregarded.

Each of the aforementioned parties makes it's own interpretation as it sees fit, and in many cases, her words have been chosen for her..

Does anyone have any comment or advice..?

Parents
  • This is an absolutely disgusting abuse of Athority - it’s the same kind of outdated mindset that still regards autism as a behavioural and disciplinary condition and issue, coming from a point blank refusal to understand anything about autism, dismissing everything coming from us as nonsense, insisting that we not be allowed to live alone and/or have a live in carer to submit us to ultra strict milltary style discipline as the only way to “manage” our condition, rigidly and robustly “challenging” our “dysfunctional” behaviours as decided by them - you are going to have to get expert help with this one, challenging this in the courts and writing to people in positions of power and other famous people to get help 

• You overthink that. Social workers just like to bully defenceless people. In general, ASD are docile, compliant and not aggressive, so they see them as prey. A social worker won't try those tactics with a violent criminal or a burly construction worker.

• Ah yes, the social worker calls me "aggressive and abusive", something she wouldn't dare to do if she thought it was true, She is of course projecting a description of herself, though I doubt she has the acuity to realise that.

• Ah yes, the social worker calls me "aggressive and abusive", something she wouldn't dare to do if she thought it was true, She is of course projecting a description of herself, though I doubt she has the acuity to realise that.

Children
  • It's a hell of a thing for anyone to face up to their own flaws, and believe me, as a more than 20 years dry alcoholic, I really do know what I'm talking about here...

My point is, your candour does not go unnoticed, and you have my sincere appreciation and admiration.

We can't change until we see what must change...

You'd think it would fade, but 20 years and I still get thirsty... I never fall for it though.

• You overthink that, too. Bullies love to accuse others of being aggressive and abusive, especially when it is not true. Many times I got out of a well deserved retribution by accusing my victims to be aggressive and violent, while I was the one that attacked them on the first place. I do not know why, but some people are so terrified by that accuse that they just freeze and take any abuse.