How do you cope with work?

I’ve worked in hospitality/customer service the whole of my adult life and always struggled, My recent autism diagnosis has made me realise how detrimental pushing myself to do this job is to my wellbeing. I have a meeting with work tomorrow to make reasonable adjustments - I’m on a zero hour contract as well and barely getting by with benefits. My mood is so slow and anxiety so high at the minute I’m struggling to do anything. I’ve applied to some remote jobs and disability benefits but feel like a failure. I’m just so tired of pushing myself to do things like this when it’s so stressful for me. I’m not sure what adjustments can be made or to go off work sick? Just feel so guilty because I love working and don’t want people to think I’m being lazy. I feel lazy by not working but I’m struggling, and rent and bills are so high.

Parents
  • Certainly! Coping with work effectively involves adopting strategies that enhance productivity, manage stress, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Here are some tips to cope with work:

1. Prioritize Tasks:

• Identify and prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance.
      • Break down larger tasks into smaller, more manageable steps.
    2. Time Management:

• Use time management techniques, such as the Pomodoro Technique, to stay focused and maintain productivity.
      • Set realistic deadlines and allocate specific time slots for different tasks.
    3. Organization:

• Keep your workspace organized to reduce clutter and improve efficiency.
      • Utilize tools like calendars, to-do lists, and project management apps to stay on top of deadlines.
    4. Healthy Work-Life Balance:

• Set boundaries between work and personal life to prevent burnout.
      • Schedule breaks during the workday to recharge and maintain overall well-being.
    5. Effective Communication:

• Clearly communicate with colleagues and superiors about workload, expectations, and deadlines.
      • Foster open communication to address challenges and find solutions collaboratively.
    6. Learn to Delegate:

• Identify tasks that can be delegated to others, allowing you to focus on high-priority responsibilities.
      • Trust your team members and share the workload efficiently.
    7. Continuous Learning:

• Stay updated with industry trends and advancements to enhance your skills.
      • Embrace a growth mindset and view challenges as opportunities for learning and development.
    8. Seek Support:

• Don't hesitate to seek support or guidance from colleagues, mentors, or supervisors.
      • Foster a supportive work environment where teamwork is encouraged.
    9. Mindfulness and Stress Management:

• Practice mindfulness techniques, such as meditation or deep breathing, to manage stress.
      • Take regular breaks to refresh your mind and maintain focus.
    10. Celebrate Achievements:

• Acknowledge and celebrate your accomplishments, no matter how small.
      • Recognize your efforts and contributions to boost morale and motivation.

Remember, everyone copes with work differently, so it's essential to find a balance and set strategies that work best for you.Moreover,you can ask [link removed by mod] for more

• Certainly! Coping with work effectively involves adopting strategies that enhance productivity, manage stress, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Here are some tips to cope with work:

1. Prioritize Tasks:

• Identify and prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance.
      • Break down larger tasks into smaller, more manageable steps.
    2. Time Management:

• Use time management techniques, such as the Pomodoro Technique, to stay focused and maintain productivity.
      • Set realistic deadlines and allocate specific time slots for different tasks.
    3. Organization:

• Keep your workspace organized to reduce clutter and improve efficiency.
      • Utilize tools like calendars, to-do lists, and project management apps to stay on top of deadlines.
    4. Healthy Work-Life Balance:

• Set boundaries between work and personal life to prevent burnout.
      • Schedule breaks during the workday to recharge and maintain overall well-being.
    5. Effective Communication:

• Clearly communicate with colleagues and superiors about workload, expectations, and deadlines.
      • Foster open communication to address challenges and find solutions collaboratively.
    6. Learn to Delegate:

• Identify tasks that can be delegated to others, allowing you to focus on high-priority responsibilities.
      • Trust your team members and share the workload efficiently.
    7. Continuous Learning:

• Stay updated with industry trends and advancements to enhance your skills.
      • Embrace a growth mindset and view challenges as opportunities for learning and development.
    8. Seek Support:

• Don't hesitate to seek support or guidance from colleagues, mentors, or supervisors.
      • Foster a supportive work environment where teamwork is encouraged.
    9. Mindfulness and Stress Management:

• Practice mindfulness techniques, such as meditation or deep breathing, to manage stress.
      • Take regular breaks to refresh your mind and maintain focus.
    10. Celebrate Achievements:

• Acknowledge and celebrate your accomplishments, no matter how small.
      • Recognize your efforts and contributions to boost morale and motivation.

Remember, everyone copes with work differently, so it's essential to find a balance and set strategies that work best for you.Moreover,you can ask [link removed by mod] for more

Children
No Data