deleating old threads.

Just to be clear if I read the latest moderators note corectly they are saying all threads older than 3 years are going to be deleated. Not locked. Deleated.

I don't belive anyone asked for that inspite of what the note says about listening to feedback. I can only assume it has nothing to do with feedback and more to do with reducing load on the servers.

I think a lot of people probably missed this detail in the note so it was worth mentioning.

Parents
  • Well personally I don't think it's a good idea deleting posts and accounts from a couple of years ago as the posts and accounts may be beneficial at some point in the future. A thread I started 2 yrs ago was rediscovered by a bot over Xmas LOL and a member "mentioned" me and I got the notification for it and then remembered the forum and here I am again with that same account that's been left dormant the last 2 yrs. If the deletion thing happens then in future people like me might not be able to return which would be a pity as they might want to use their original account and access the old threads. Just because a thread is older doesn't mean it isn't useful or relative.

Worth taking into account @moderators. If your system had already been in place I wouldn't be back on the forum today and would therefore be missing out... I don't want that for other members.

• A thread I started 2 yrs ago was rediscovered by a bot over Xmas LOL and a member "mentioned" me and I got the notification for it and then remembered the forum and here I am again with that same account that's been left dormant the last 2 yrs.

This is really good to hear and welcome back Blush

If you were able to email this to the community manager (communitymanager@nas.org.uk)  that would be great.

I don't think that what we write in threads will have any impact.

• Hi. Thanks for the WB.

I just emailed the community manager, if I get a response I'll let you know and post it here. I don't want to mess with their future plans but deleting old threads and accounts is a bad idea to me.

• Hi. Thanks for the WB.

I just emailed the community manager, if I get a response I'll let you know and post it here. I don't want to mess with their future plans but deleting old threads and accounts is a bad idea to me.

Children