Getting Diagnosed

Hello everyone, I requested to speak with my gp, was wondering how I go about asking to be assessed. I think I have undiagnosed autism/adhd. 

Parents
  • My GP tried to put me off getting an assessment, saying I was in work and had a roof over my head so everything was "normal". And that it's usually avoidant personality disorder.

I wasn't pleased about that, so pushed back and made sure he filed for an assessment.

Your experience will depend on your GP. If you really want to get assessed, don't let them put you off and push for it. Just be prepared for a long wait, the NHS is pretty devastated right now after the last 13 years of budget cuts under the Tories. 

An alternative route is to go private - if you can afford it.

• My GP tried to put me off getting an assessment, saying I was in work and had a roof over my head so everything was "normal". And that it's usually avoidant personality disorder.

I wasn't pleased about that, so pushed back and made sure he filed for an assessment.

Your experience will depend on your GP. If you really want to get assessed, don't let them put you off and push for it. Just be prepared for a long wait, the NHS is pretty devastated right now after the last 13 years of budget cuts under the Tories. 

An alternative route is to go private - if you can afford it.

Children
No Data