How do others access help and support

I am fairly recently diagnosed. I am finding it incredibly hard to get any sort of support, guidance, or counselling regarding my ASD. 

There are no local groups near me and the NHS waiting list for autism support is two years. 

Does anyone have any any advice?

Thanks. 

Parents
    1. I have now been put on an NHS waiting list for support - but that - of course - could take years. 
    2. I live on the south coat near Hastings - there seems to be zero support groups around here for adults with ASD. It is quite troubling as autism and all of the possible mental health issues that go along with it can be very serious. It never ceases to amaze me how underfunded mental health care is on the NHS.
  • I think support very much depends on where you live and what services maybe out there.  I have found that my MH has improved by taking part in my local Autism Partnership Board, whereby they welcome people with Autism as that is who they are there for.  They work on the Autism Strategy to improve services for those in the area with Autism.  I have been able to have a voice and help drive areas of change that I was most interested in achieving.  Contact your local council and ask if they have an Autism Partnership Board, and/or how they are meeting the needs of Autistic People in line with the Autism Strategy.  I know this isn't a direct answer to support, yet I see it as a way to speak up for what is needed locally and beyond.  Good Luck.

• I think support very much depends on where you live and what services maybe out there.  I have found that my MH has improved by taking part in my local Autism Partnership Board, whereby they welcome people with Autism as that is who they are there for.  They work on the Autism Strategy to improve services for those in the area with Autism.  I have been able to have a voice and help drive areas of change that I was most interested in achieving.  Contact your local council and ask if they have an Autism Partnership Board, and/or how they are meeting the needs of Autistic People in line with the Autism Strategy.  I know this isn't a direct answer to support, yet I see it as a way to speak up for what is needed locally and beyond.  Good Luck.

Children
No Data