How do others access help and support

I am fairly recently diagnosed. I am finding it incredibly hard to get any sort of support, guidance, or counselling regarding my ASD. 

There are no local groups near me and the NHS waiting list for autism support is two years. 

Does anyone have any any advice?

Thanks. 

Parents
  • It depends where you are in the country.

At home I have a really good post diagnostic support service for autistic adults, which has basically no waiting list once diagnosed, with many courses (which sometimes have a bit of a wait but not more than a few months), 1-1s, employment support and social groups.

Where I go to uni, there is absolutely nothing for adults post diagnosis, and I understand that this is much more the norm. 

What broad area do you live in as this might help us give you some more tailored ideas?

• It depends where you are in the country.

At home I have a really good post diagnostic support service for autistic adults, which has basically no waiting list once diagnosed, with many courses (which sometimes have a bit of a wait but not more than a few months), 1-1s, employment support and social groups.

Where I go to uni, there is absolutely nothing for adults post diagnosis, and I understand that this is much more the norm. 

What broad area do you live in as this might help us give you some more tailored ideas?

Children
No Data