How much of your personality have you had to surrender, to fit into Nt societies conception of ,what a human being should be?

This ones hard to answer.  Are there any shrinks in?  

What is personality for a start?

What did you want to be when you were a child? And what are you now?

Parents
  • I used to be able to laugh out loud. I can't do that anymore, even when I know no one will hear me. I probably was a bit more free in terms of having a laugh with people but I've misjudged a lot of things which has put me off.

I had no idea what kind of person I'd be as an adult when I was a child but I've definitely lost any identity I ever had.

• I feel the same man.

I don't know if you are au fait with Aldous. Huxley and/or Octave Mirbeau? But they have some good quotes on this kind of thing. Alienation etc

I feel like most people have their dreams beaten out of them from a very young age.  Figuratively speaking. But for people with Autism it could be worse.  Having to cling closely to a host culture that is constantly forcing you to essentially repent your own psyche  is  no fun.

I guess some Autistic people adjust to neurotypical culture. Whereas some of us are left maladjusted. And are categorised differently.  I imagine historically many of us were confined to institutions or were burned at the stake for heresy

Or maybe we were medicine men and witchdoctors.

I might have that for my new name on here. The WITCHDOCTA.   This  amuses me.

• This reminds me of one of my favourite songs, Metallica’s The Unforgiven:

New blood joins this earth,
    And quickly he's subdued.
    Through constant pain; disgrace,
    The young boy learns their rules.

With time the child draws in,
    This whipping boy done wrong.
    Deprived of all his thoughts,
    The young man struggles on, and on he's known.
    A vow unto his own,
    That never from this day,
    His will they'll take away.

• This reminds me of one of my favourite songs, Metallica’s The Unforgiven:

New blood joins this earth,
    And quickly he's subdued.
    Through constant pain; disgrace,
    The young boy learns their rules.

With time the child draws in,
    This whipping boy done wrong.
    Deprived of all his thoughts,
    The young man struggles on, and on he's known.
    A vow unto his own,
    That never from this day,
    His will they'll take away.

Children
No Data