Couldn't even do the tasks

One of them was the demonstrating of brushing teeth, and also making up a story with 5 objects, and making up a story on a story book. I couldn't even do these tasks. Plus I couldn't even express how I feel when I am happy and sad internally. Is this gonna cause my assessment to be inconclusive? 

Parents
  • Either we are in different countries or there are wildly different kinds of autism assessments out there!

Mine consisted of 72 pages of forms to fill in, 40-ish pages of forms for someone close to me to fill in, followed by a 1.5hr face to face interview. It was through the NHS. 

Love to hear more about this unusual sounding process! 

• That’s the ADOS test which is usually a standard part of an autism assessment. It’s a collection of weird tasks and talking, primarily to let the assessor see how you interact snd behave.

That was only one part of my assessment though. I also had a 2 hour initial interview, an IQ test, a thick pile of forms and the assessors also separately spoke to two people who know me.

• That’s the ADOS test which is usually a standard part of an autism assessment. It’s a collection of weird tasks and talking, primarily to let the assessor see how you interact snd behave.

That was only one part of my assessment though. I also had a 2 hour initial interview, an IQ test, a thick pile of forms and the assessors also separately spoke to two people who know me.

Children