PMs + friendship requests

Because of a few things that have happened recently, I thought these points might be useful to some:

1. If you want to be friends with someone and send and receive PMs, other than the friendship request you need to have your settings on accepting PMs from 'friends only' or 'everyone'.

There is someone on my friends list who I recently accepted, who either doesn't have their settings correct, or doesn't want messages, or there is a technical problem, as I can't message them back.

2. When you 1st send the request and it includes a message you have written, the only way for the recipient to see that full message is if you have notifications, and then you may/should be able to read it there.

In my case unfortunately, it's in another email address which I set up when my own one became inaccessible due to a NAS technical problem.

3. If you find that you don't want PMs from someone you are receiving them from, as I understand it, you can either change your settings to 'no one' or  have 'friends only' set but then remove them as a friend.

I am assuming this works but haven't had cause to do so.

Addendum: it doesn't work unfortunately Confused

See Former Members post.

Screenshot of the settings below: