Struggling with work- what benefit options are there

Hi I am 53 and have always worked. Never had a career  but always had enough money to enjoy ourselves. In 2020 I had a big truma and meltdown after loosing my dad and coping with lockdown. That destroyed me but I was on furlough at the time and in an easy job. Lost that job last year and struggling with the second job I had in that time. I am just utterley exhausted, barely make it through the day, could sit in the corner and cry most of the time have no energey left come the weekend. I am sure my doctor would sign me off but I would just get SSP. 

I have never claimed any soft of benefit so have no clue what is available. I think even a year off would do me the world of good. I know some of you don't work, how do you do it and maintain any sort of life? Just bear in mind my wife earns good money but not enough to support us both. 

thanks

Rob

Parents
    • ESA - Employment and Support Allowance
    • PIP - Personal Independence Payment formally known as DVLA Disability Living Allowance 
    • Universal Credit 

Are the 3 that I know of, I think Universal Credit is replacing the other 2 though. You will probably need to visit your GP to get them to write you a note also.

• ESA - Employment and Support Allowance
    • PIP - Personal Independence Payment formally known as DVLA Disability Living Allowance 
    • Universal Credit 

Are the 3 that I know of, I think Universal Credit is replacing the other 2 though. You will probably need to visit your GP to get them to write you a note also.

Children