How do you know when your full when eating?

No matter how much I eat, I always feel hungry. I've had this for as.long as I can remember, I'm just used to the constant pain in my stomach. I find that when I get to a certain point when eating that my jaw hurts and eating just makes the pain worse. Is that how it feels when you are full, the pain you feel when hungry but much worse? I am very confused by this and don't understand it at all.

I only recently had the thought that my jaw hurting and the stomach pain getting worse was being full because I don't know how it's supposed to feel when full.

I hope this makes sense. I am not good at explaining it. Please let me know if this doesn't make sense and I will try to explain it better.

Parents
  • I actually don't know.

I don't feel hungry or thirsty and that often leads to problems.

Especially my inability to detect when I need a drink. I get dehydrated way too much.

I think you can get apps on your phone that tell you when you need to eat

So maybe you could go by that or give it a try and see if it helps ^^

• Hi Goosey,

That's an interesting one thank you... I am often dehydrated too and am sure that affects my sleep. I play PokemonGo and some events are 8 hours - I walk, playing for the whole 8 hours without a drink and not noticing im either tired, hungry and thirsty.. It is just my legs that get wobbly that alert me to doing too much.

My mum gets annoyed that I go without fluid for 8/ 9 hours outside in temperatures of 80.

• Hi Goosey,

That's an interesting one thank you... I am often dehydrated too and am sure that affects my sleep. I play PokemonGo and some events are 8 hours - I walk, playing for the whole 8 hours without a drink and not noticing im either tired, hungry and thirsty.. It is just my legs that get wobbly that alert me to doing too much.

My mum gets annoyed that I go without fluid for 8/ 9 hours outside in temperatures of 80.

Children
  • Our bodies are poorly designed for thirst. In endurance sports athletes are constantly reminded to keep drinking because you don't actually feel thirsty until you're already dehydrated.