Performance Review at work. The very thought of it is stressing me out. Any Tips

Hi, this is my first time posting so I apologise If I get the tone wrong on this one

I am being asked to write my objectives at work then go and have my half year review to talk about them. No Big Deal!

So why on earth am I so stressed about it. It feels like I have to write my own exam questions, answer them, then get judged on both the question I wrote and my answer to it.

I'm just expected to know how to do this because I've been given a powerpoint slide on SMART objectives

For context I dropped out of Uni and everything since, It the question needs answering in words and sentences, you can generally count me out.

Does this stuff trigger anybody else or is it just me?

Parents
  • As far as I can understand, it is just the scheduled performance review. In that case, you have nothing to fear, it's just the scheduled meeting with the manager to plan the next six months and ask you if you are having any issues or any proposal.

Unscheduled performance reviews are a different thing: in that case, there is an urgent issue that must be addressed immediately.

• As far as I can understand, it is just the scheduled performance review. In that case, you have nothing to fear, it's just the scheduled meeting with the manager to plan the next six months and ask you if you are having any issues or any proposal.

Unscheduled performance reviews are a different thing: in that case, there is an urgent issue that must be addressed immediately.

Children
No Data