why is autism so isolating

ive noticed as an adult that i am extemly isolated and lonely. i have my girlfriend (also adhd) but no matter how hard i try at work to actually be friends, they will always just be co workers. my therapist doesnt know how to help me make friends and online chat rooms have been no help. My girlfriend does not have this stuggle. she is in bands, she is in school and works, and she has friends in all of them. is it just me? why cant i make friends. i am struggling and i am alone. i need help. i struggle with suicidal idiations and the more alone i feel every day the more it worsens, i had a friend and he ghosted me after 5 years. i dont know what to do, any advice aprriceated

Parents
  • It's the nature of autism sadly. Our difficulties with social interactions often means we find it harder to make friends and be around people. I don't have any friends, no boyfriend, just my family but they don't really understand me.

I'm making friends online on this forum. The first time I've ever really felt friendship is here.

I'd recommend sticking around here and seeing how you get on. I've only been here a day and I'm feeling like this is a second home for me.

I'm sorry you feel so low. If you need to, reach out to Samaritans. I use their service when I need to and it usually helps me.

This is their number and email

116 123

jo@samaritans.org

• It's the nature of autism sadly. Our difficulties with social interactions often means we find it harder to make friends and be around people. I don't have any friends, no boyfriend, just my family but they don't really understand me.

I'm making friends online on this forum. The first time I've ever really felt friendship is here.

I'd recommend sticking around here and seeing how you get on. I've only been here a day and I'm feeling like this is a second home for me.

I'm sorry you feel so low. If you need to, reach out to Samaritans. I use their service when I need to and it usually helps me.

This is their number and email

116 123

jo@samaritans.org

Children
No Data