Irrational

I have a number of irrational fears that come up, so I was wonder what other people were often afraid of throughout life?

3 irrational fears, go!

Parents
  • 1 Being burgled - triple check the locks and alarm every night before I go to bed.

2 Leaving a shop and the alarm goes off and then I'll get arrested - actually am shaking from nerves when I leave shops because of this so now I try to only do online shopping.

3 Having a seizure when driving and killing myself or someone else - I don't even have seizures but I am terrified of this happening so much so I don't drive now.

Anxiety sucks.

Reply Children
  • I’m okay about it, except the shame of realising that, I only had a wooden-spoon to hand..

I remember advancing the hallway with a fist full of utensils, discarding them as I went thinking ‘no too-harsh, no too-light, no, no, nope..’, by the time I was rounding the corner to the robber with only the aforementioned-undiscarded utensil I thought: ‘Great.. this is going to look great in the police report.. Rolling eyes

Its like a DC going to a crime-scene for a guy killed by a tree, but the tree had fallen perfectly onto him, with an arm and a leg sticking-out of each side, and the DC thinking ‘this guy.. literally. made no effort to avoid this tree’..Thinking

• Sh*t so sorry to hear that.

Hope you're ok.

• Yes indeed I shall, those measures don’t hold up well against bricks though, I can assure you..Sweat smile

• Sorry to hear that. It's not irrational then I guess, just the mind keep you safe.

Suppose there's a level if lijelihos of it happening again which I hope brings you some comfort.

Window locks, solid doors with bolts, hiding valuables, it's all any if us can do really