Daily tasks

Hello, apologies as this has probably been asked a lot before. But does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to keep up on everyday cooking, cleaning etc 

I find it really hard to find any motivation to cook or clean and food shopping.

Parents
  • Do you have anyone who can help you day to day? I am lucky to have my husband who cooks otherwise I would literally live on cereal alone. I bought a dishwasher which has made it much easier to keep on top of the dishes. Putting the clothes in the washing machine and dryer I am ok with but I do find the dry clothes then just pile up and folding and putting away gets overwhelming. Have you tried making a schedule if like me you like routine, perhaps tackle just one thing to start with, the washing one day and cleaning just one room each day to make it more manageable? I find once it’s built up I get overwhelmed and unmotivated as there’s just too much to do. I find putting on some music helps me to keep going

• Do you have anyone who can help you day to day? I am lucky to have my husband who cooks otherwise I would literally live on cereal alone. I bought a dishwasher which has made it much easier to keep on top of the dishes. Putting the clothes in the washing machine and dryer I am ok with but I do find the dry clothes then just pile up and folding and putting away gets overwhelming. Have you tried making a schedule if like me you like routine, perhaps tackle just one thing to start with, the washing one day and cleaning just one room each day to make it more manageable? I find once it’s built up I get overwhelmed and unmotivated as there’s just too much to do. I find putting on some music helps me to keep going

Children
  • My partner finds it equally as hard if not harder to find motivation as she has ADHD. However, i think a schedule would be best. We moved out of our parents and in together over a year ago, but still trying to find a system that works for us. Music definitely works for me, I dont do any household activity without music on to motivate me.

Thank you for the suggestions.