How often do you try to convince yourself you’re fine when you’re actually not, if at all?

Personally, my negative emotions have often been dismissed and/or mocked whenever I try to talk about them. I’m told I just need to get over myself while they value their views over mine (to be specific, have no consideration toward my personal views) and expect me to follow through.

This would result in me having a meltdown, constantly questioning myself whether I’m in the wrong for feeling this way. I often catch myself saying “you’re going to be ok” and “act like a normal human being” whenever there’s a bunch of stress and sadness building up inside me and I try to bottle it up. I discredit my feelings because of this. And it’s damaged me.

Many times I get involved in fights and arguments with other people that I end up being the only one facing the consequences, I feel like everything is my fault. I’m trying to move on, but it’s difficult for me to. I felt like I deserved to be scrutinized, criticized by every skeptic that I run into, feeling often uncertain of myself.

I felt like I’ve said enough. Anyways, what are your experiences?

Parents
  • I have similar experience, as I found out that people trying to push out in me their opinions in a manner that I should follow without talking back to them. Or they will push their opinions over me and expecting me to act likewise. And as a result of that if I don't do what they ask me (because I found it inappropriate as an action), they will be angry at me, not talking to me for at least three months, and I will find myself thinking of 'what I done wrong.'

• ...then let me guess it ends up being you that makes peace with them and having to pretend the whole thing never happened. Totally glossing over the fact that they were in the wrong and have upset you in the process!!

• Yep, that was exactly what they wanted. This happened to me as well. And me standing up for myself was the reason I got banned from a forum, but to them I was “violating the rules”, on a mental health forum that stated that you are free to express your struggles regarding it in the first place.

• Yep, that was exactly what they wanted. This happened to me as well. And me standing up for myself was the reason I got banned from a forum, but to them I was “violating the rules”, on a mental health forum that stated that you are free to express your struggles regarding it in the first place.

Children
No Data