Arguments on the forum

I don't know about others, but I'm getting a little concerned that the arguments will put off new members.

Quite often people join and then disappear quite quickly.

I've been involved in these myself on occasion, so I'm not innocent.

However, maybe the mods could create a section where these potentially contentious threads could be placed that had a heading like NSFW (a new one on me but it seems to be well known).

If a seemingly innocuous thread then turns into a constant argument, perhaps it could be moved to there.

It's sometimes interraction between older males and older females (or non binary etc) and comes down to very different relationship/*ex points of view but can of course stem from any subject and any set of contributors.

I think it happens more often than it once did, and I've not been here a year yet.

Parents
  • Just bumping this up as it's pertinent at the moment.

I hope that newer members don't leave.

Ree left because of the arguments at this time and I still miss them.

If things get too much for me here I become a hedgehog now and hibernate.

I did leave once and considered it a few times before, including recently, but hibernation gives you time to think.

This is an exceptionally good place to be most of the time.

• This time of year is worse on all forums. 

We don't like the change in weather or clocks changing

The pressure of upcoming festivities is looming

Half of us are probably in poverty and Don't know how to pay for Xmas

Kids have started new schools and parents are stressed

The government is encouraging bad behaviour (braverman) 

And we are all sensitive and react to things while dysregulated. 

• i feel that yugioh was made to get around internet arguments.
    if anyone has any issues they just challenge them to a game of duel monsters!

its time... to dd dd ..dddd dddd duel!!!

i still think yugi cheats, his pyramid thing is like a performance enhancing drug that kinda acts the same way as taking steroids and growth hormones lol

• There is always the issue though isn't there, if folks are enjoying a thing they don't nessesarily want it to end just because they run out of source material to base it on. And then the problem arrives that the writers who were good at adapting a pre-existing story aren't nessesarily good at writing their own from scratch and keeping it neatly within another IP universe.

• I love that I’ve come into this ThRead expecting to see lots of whining about people being argumentative and enjoying good healthy debate. Instead we are discussing Anime. Incidentally the issue with those particular types of anime is that they are based on a long-running manga series. And when the anime catches up to the manga instead of stopping for more manga to be released they just start making up rubbish. That’s why the quality drops.

• I love that I’ve come into this ThRead expecting to see lots of whining about people being argumentative and enjoying good healthy debate. Instead we are discussing Anime. Incidentally the issue with those particular types of anime is that they are based on a long-running manga series. And when the anime catches up to the manga instead of stopping for more manga to be released they just start making up rubbish. That’s why the quality drops.

Children