Arguments on the forum

I don't know about others, but I'm getting a little concerned that the arguments will put off new members.

Quite often people join and then disappear quite quickly.

I've been involved in these myself on occasion, so I'm not innocent.

However, maybe the mods could create a section where these potentially contentious threads could be placed that had a heading like NSFW (a new one on me but it seems to be well known).

If a seemingly innocuous thread then turns into a constant argument, perhaps it could be moved to there.

It's sometimes interraction between older males and older females (or non binary etc) and comes down to very different relationship/*ex points of view but can of course stem from any subject and any set of contributors.

I think it happens more often than it once did, and I've not been here a year yet.

Parents
  • Well there are certain people who seem to believe that asexuality is the natural state of almost all autistic people and then that looking at someone sexually is basically a sex crime (yes I'm speaking in hyperbole but you know what I mean).

And then there are those of us who want to prevent autistic people, especially young autistic men who might be quite sensitive, from being shamed on this forum for having normal healthy sex drives they're struggling to satisfy.

I don't think there is much scope for compromise here. the thinking of those on either side is too different.

• Well there are certain people who seem to believe that asexuality is the natural state of almost all autistic people and then that looking at someone sexually is basically a sex crime (yes I'm speaking in hyperbole but you know what I mean).

And then there are those of us who want to prevent autistic people, especially young autistic men who might be quite sensitive, from being shamed on this forum for having normal healthy sex drives they're struggling to satisfy.

I don't think there is much scope for compromise here. the thinking of those on either side is too different.

Children
  • for my part I'm concerned that all this sex negativity, especially since most of it seems directed at men, will put off new male members. especially younger men who maybe haven't seen enough of the autistic community to know most people don't think that way.