Do you join cultural events? How do you enjoy them?

With the summer being here again, I'm a little sad about the fact that I can't enjoy all the cultural events or festivals that usually often happen in this season. People seem to be very excited about it, but the crowds and the loudness aren't something I can handle often. My friends want to be in what sounds like a blast of fun and creativity and art but it's for several days away from where I live so I can't just go there and back home whenever I want.

Do you join these events at all? Is there a plan, strategy or things that help you enjoy or survive them? 

Parents
  • My strategy was always to get drunk and stay that way for as long as possible. Other than that there's no way I could have been around lots of people for longer than a couple of hours.

Now I don't drink and I don't see myself ever dealing with that kind of stuff again. Which isn't a huge loss to me; I'm okay keeping it more low key.

• My strategy was always to get drunk and stay that way for as long as possible. Other than that there's no way I could have been around lots of people for longer than a couple of hours.

Now I don't drink and I don't see myself ever dealing with that kind of stuff again. Which isn't a huge loss to me; I'm okay keeping it more low key.

Children