Feel utterly defeated

Feel utterley defeated

Started a new job, first time Ive really felt like I was getting over my burnout and getting some confidence back to get back out socially again and try and make a success of myself

Declared my autism for a job for the first time ever. Went through the Occupational Health Assesment. Got my Reasonable Adjustment requests. 
My boss has literally done the opposite of all my reasonable adjustments since I started the job, to the point where I have been denied things that are in my reasonable adjustments even if non autistic staff have them

Put up with it all. Learned, studied, taught myself company computer systems. Only to find that no one had told me how they calculate pay and it was about half what I thought it was going to be. Honestly 4 days a week 8 hours a day for £600 a month? How? I have a family to support. Thankfully we have UC but this job has now put that in jepordy. 

Sent endless complicated calculations by HR to show how they have paid me, honestly I doubt even Einstein could figure it out yet the more I tell them I dont understand it the more they email me

Just feel like I did everything right with this job, I played the "normals" game like I was supposed to, did everything I was supposed to do to make a success in the NT world and get even more shafted than I usually do

What is the bloody point of trying to play by the worlds rules if they keep changing the rules half way through

Parents
  • Hi, the money doesn’t sound good, from reading through your post you state that ‘we’ also have Universal Credit and you then said in a later answer that your wage is calculated over things like the Summer Holidays when I take it, you may not work due to family commitments.  I’m not a tax expert but maybe you are being paid Pro rata, I drove a school coach for a long time, school is in for 40 weeks per year, my wage was paid over 52 weeks, the 40 week wage is spread over the non working weeks. You may also be on emergency tax if you haven’t worked for a while, You will get this back. Also your Universal Credit could be taken into the equation. I had a problem in the past, The Citizens Advice Bureau had a lot of people who are accountants or solicitors and  give free advice. It is worth looking into.

• Thanks Roy. I will look into getting some help from the Citizens Advice

Yes I have been paid pro rata for most of my career, as thats how Teaching assistants usually get paid. The difference with this job, and what tehy should have explained to me before I started, is that most pro rata jobs calculate over a 12 month period and then minus off the money you would have earned during the school holidays. This one (and they didnt tell me this before I started) only calculates from your start date till the end of the school year so because I started in April and the school holidays start next month I am almost being deducted more than I am earnig if that makes sene

If theyd told me that in advance I wouldnt have taken the job

• Thanks Roy. I will look into getting some help from the Citizens Advice

Yes I have been paid pro rata for most of my career, as thats how Teaching assistants usually get paid. The difference with this job, and what tehy should have explained to me before I started, is that most pro rata jobs calculate over a 12 month period and then minus off the money you would have earned during the school holidays. This one (and they didnt tell me this before I started) only calculates from your start date till the end of the school year so because I started in April and the school holidays start next month I am almost being deducted more than I am earnig if that makes sene

If theyd told me that in advance I wouldnt have taken the job

Children
No Data