How are you repetitive?

I'm repetitive in the following ways

I wear the same clothes (bought extra of everything).

I wash my hands every ten minutes, to the dot. Never a minute early never a minute late. Started this at school.

I can watch the same film over and over. I know most of the lines, know what's coming but I never get tired of it.

Listen to the same songs and singers every day, usually in the same order.

Read the same books over and over.

Eat the same foods and drink the same drinks.

When I go for a walk I always go the same way each time. Prefer to follow route that I'm familiar with.

Parents
  • While I do not like change, I am not wedded to repetition to any great extent. I'm more on the 'or restrictive interests' side of the diagnostic criteria. Having said that, I start each day with a dozen press-ups followed by 20 minutes on my cross trainer. I feel guilty if I don't get the exercise out of the way first thing. 

I hope that you are using very gentle soap, with a skin moisturiser. I used to work in biological sterile cabinets a lot, so was changing latex/nitrile gloves and washing my hands quite often, and it can lead to skin problems.

• I hope that you are using very gentle soap, with a skin moisturiser. I used to work in biological sterile cabinets a lot, so was changing latex/nitrile gloves and washing my hands quite often, and it can lead to skin problems.

I use fairy washing up liquid, is that bad or ok to use? 

A dozen press ups? Wow go you. I think that would actually kill me lol XD

• Washing up liquids are fairly aggressive, as detergents go, they are designed to clean greasy plates and pans, so they will strip the natural oils from your skin. This could leave the skin on your hands very dry, and dry skin is more prone to irritation and infection. I would recommend a liquid soap designed for sensitive skin, which will not be as aggressive or drying. Working in the lab, the combination of using examination gloves and frequent washing led to repeated rashes on the back of my hands. In the end, I started wearing cotton liners underneath the gloves and that helped.

After I took early retirement, I noticed that I was missing the natural levels of exercise I got from moving around at work, so I introduced my mini exercise regime. It helps keep the weight off too.

• Washing up liquids are fairly aggressive, as detergents go, they are designed to clean greasy plates and pans, so they will strip the natural oils from your skin. This could leave the skin on your hands very dry, and dry skin is more prone to irritation and infection. I would recommend a liquid soap designed for sensitive skin, which will not be as aggressive or drying. Working in the lab, the combination of using examination gloves and frequent washing led to repeated rashes on the back of my hands. In the end, I started wearing cotton liners underneath the gloves and that helped.

After I took early retirement, I noticed that I was missing the natural levels of exercise I got from moving around at work, so I introduced my mini exercise regime. It helps keep the weight off too.

Children