How do you make friends with someone that’s famous?

From what I’ve read about her on Wikipedia, Greta Thunberg seems like a very nice person and just the sort of person I’d get on well with. And she’s got Asperger’s syndrome, so that would make it more likely that we can relate to each other well.

I’ve sent her an e-mail at least 3 times, and tried to get in touch with her on Facebook, and she’s not replied. How do I find out for sure that she’s actually read my e-mail, and it’s not just been not passed on to her by her media people or something?

And if it’s not too late to ask now, what should I say in an e-mail to her to make my e-mail stand out from all these other e-mails that she might be getting, so she takes mine seriously and does actually want to write back?

• What VLD said.

Honestly most people are friends because they interact in real life, online anything that seems forced is scary and puts folks off interacting with eachother. So friendships formed online tend to have formed naturally, ie it starts with people just coincidentally talking about stuff together on a semi regular basis because they have the same interest not because one actively set a social target on and persued the other.

• Mark

Unfortunately your approaches to Greta may be seen as stalking. 

• You could just follow her on twitter, but celebrities have their own own friends and cannot be friends with everyone, they are friends with people they know in person. You are a stranger to her and it is best you do not send her anymore emails or try to get in touch on facebook. you can follow her on twitter though. But it is best not to email her. as you are not a personal friend of hers.