Feeling at odds with the world

2 weeks into my new job and I am already back to feeling completely at odds with the modern world

I don't think I need a two hour online seminar to tell me how to sit in a chair correctly at my computer. I have been sitting in chairs my whole life 

I don't think I need a whistle to protect me from terrorists (seriously, have terrorists ever been scared of a whistle?)

I don't like being treated like a pariah or some sort of dissident for not owning a smartphone

I don't understand how NT people, particularly at work, can tell you one thing one minute and the opposite the next minute and then act like it's your fault

Anyway just needed to vent. I feel at odds with the modern world most of my life but when I'm not at work I can shut it out enough so as not to notice it and feel quite peaceful. Going back to work just brings it into sharp focus

Anyone else feel like this?

Parents
  • I try to let it wash over me.  If I have to be involved then its tiring.  Covid saved my sanity. Everybody had to work from home and communicate only when necessary via Zoom.  The company downsized the office and I work only from home, but now part-time

• Honestly, I miss it. I dont miss lockdown, it was a horrible experience. I love being able to go out to the river or pub without masks and distancing and I love seeing full football stadiums on TV but I miss the fact that social interaction was optional instead of compulsory. I wish it was still optional. Sometimes my subconcious secretley hopes for a positive test when I do my weekly tests so that I can stay home, be away from everyone and no one will blame me or expect me to do anything. I then feel guilty and realise I dont want that cos I dont want to risk infecting my family

I wish I could work from home, thats my dream 

• Honestly, I miss it. I dont miss lockdown, it was a horrible experience. I love being able to go out to the river or pub without masks and distancing and I love seeing full football stadiums on TV but I miss the fact that social interaction was optional instead of compulsory. I wish it was still optional. Sometimes my subconcious secretley hopes for a positive test when I do my weekly tests so that I can stay home, be away from everyone and no one will blame me or expect me to do anything. I then feel guilty and realise I dont want that cos I dont want to risk infecting my family

I wish I could work from home, thats my dream 

Children
No Data