Missing post

Hi. I just put a lot of time and thought into a lengthy post in the ‘Isolation and Faith’ thread, only for it to mysteriously disappear. It was respectful, measured, and in no way offensive. But it’s vanished. It’s quite upsetting as I was certainly observing the etiquette and spirit of the thread in what I said, and I simply couldn’t begin climbing that mountain again. I felt I’d chosen my words well and simply couldn’t recreate them, nor - surely-should I have to?  - sorry, yours is the only mod name I can ever quickly find, I don’t mean to pester- has a glitch consumed it? Or was it withdrawn despite being basically a nice and well meaning post? If so, was it reported? And why? I’m confused. 

Parents
  • Perhaps Askimet can be set to be more or less reactive at different times. Hope your post will reappear anyway. 

Yes.  Clare Mod explained to me that they don't have a huge amount of control over the Spamometer, but do from time to time ask it to work better to remove the spam, which has the unfortunate side-effect of removing our posts too.

think this is part of the reason for poor Debbie's current hibernation. She seems to have had worse luck with it than most

Correct.  It drives me nutty, especially when my 'Paranormal' thread disappeared.

The reason for that going though was explained properly later + it was returned.

It's very frustrating.

I did start reading your post before it was removed...

• Perhaps Askimet can be set to be more or less reactive at different times. Hope your post will reappear anyway. 

Yes.  Clare Mod explained to me that they don't have a huge amount of control over the Spamometer, but do from time to time ask it to work better to remove the spam, which has the unfortunate side-effect of removing our posts too.

think this is part of the reason for poor Debbie's current hibernation. She seems to have had worse luck with it than most

Correct.  It drives me nutty, especially when my 'Paranormal' thread disappeared.

The reason for that going though was explained properly later + it was returned.

It's very frustrating.

I did start reading your post before it was removed...

Children
No Data