Class

I was brought up to believe that we are divided socially into classes:

1.  Working class.

2.  Middle class.

3.  Aristocracy.

I also read decades ago that classes were less relevant and were disappearing.

I'm curious as to what others think so here are some questions:

1.  What class were you born into?

2.  What class are you now?

3.  Do you believe in 1 and 2?

4.  ie Do you think class exists?

5.  Do you think you can move class?

Also, without Googlerating, I'd be curious as to how these classes are defined.

I've tended to think of them as not only to do with our financial situation, but also to do with tastes, interests and education.

With regard to me, I was born working class and ?probably? still am.

Parents
  • I have always felt kind of between classes. At the risk of steryotyping, I have always seemed too intellectual and have too refined tastes to be fully accepted by the working class but too rough and ready with too working class a sense of humour to be accepted by the middle class.

Also I have spent most of my life fairly poor and live in a council house so I guess that rules me out of the middle class. 

I remember once though, playing football with a lot of working class guys and everyone was discussing their favourite pies and I said mine was "chicken, ham and leek" and they looked at me like I'd just walked in from Surrey 

I guess I really don't fit in anywhere lol 

• I remember once though, playing football with a lot of working class guys and everyone was discussing their favourite pies and I said mine was "chicken, ham and leek" and they looked at me like I'd just walked in from Surrey 

That's so funny and such an autistic thing to say haha

• I remember once though, playing football with a lot of working class guys and everyone was discussing their favourite pies and I said mine was "chicken, ham and leek" and they looked at me like I'd just walked in from Surrey 

That's so funny and such an autistic thing to say haha

Children