Describe your very unique interest/passion

Please share your interest to me through these questions. Feel free to answer as you wish but use the questions as a guide please.

1. What is your biggest passion in life and-/or biggest interest?
  2. At what age did it come to you?
  3. How much time do you spend daily on it, and how?
  4. Has it evolved into other subtopics?
  5. How far have you come in achieving your positing in your passion?

• I am interested in business, now construction investing, also real estate, stocks but mostly just to open a company.
  • It came to me at age 18 and have now during 8 years grown steady and with more power throught the years. 
  • I spend around 1 hour atleast, sometimes i just think about my future life and really seem to be living in my mind.
  • I´ve also interests in subtopics like leadership, personal growth, reading books ect.
  • Still not achieved my vision but atleast, I´ve read, found a passion and soon to start college, but I haven´t found a good company to open yet.

Now, I am definitely more interested in your interests than mine but wanted to share my own as a warmup. 

I am so happy to read what passion you have in your life, how it came to you and how it reveals itself.

• I'm a fan of most of those artists. If i were to do a similar list of all the music i like i'd be here all night!

I have a special love for the first Cars album.  London Calling by The Clash and the first Roxy Music album.  Thin Lizzy were a tremendous band also. I have a Thin Lizzy boxset. :)

• I think I spend long time working in office or on my PhD. Both are in architectural field. I'm lucky that I enjoy it. It doesn't always give me energy when I do it tho, sometimes it tires me out after many hours of work, so I'm not sure if it's my passion. I was told that a passion gives energy not take it. The other one might be dragqueens!

• 1. The evolution of money and disempowering the majority of the worlds central banks (and entire countries too if things go to plan) 

2. Around 2012/13 when my Bitcoin obsession started. 

3. All day every day pretty much. My well being is important to the success of the project so i live a Buddhist lifestyle (no drink, drugs, sex + daily meditation practice)

4. N/A 

5. My vision is still a long way off because of the sheer scale of the project and the number of people involved. There has been lots of work going on for the last 7 years however 

• P.S. I like to leave upticks when I agree or sympathise with what someone writes. I don't see any upticks sometimes and I wonder why, especially when so many contributions are good or helpful. I guess I like positive reinforcement Smiley

• Yes, I'm a trained Psychotherapist. My psychology training at university included all schools of thought at the time (early 1980s). Professors expected us to figure out what would work out best for us to use with clients. I went with client-centred (Carl Rogers) and objective-based psychotherapy with structure that didn't drag on for years and years. I adapted Rogers' approach to allow me to include important issues I assessed in clients that they did not mention. I did so sensitively and respectfully for them to reach their best potential.

I liked Laing's theories and I was also influenced by Behaviourism - but not in the work of Skinner! Freud's theories were taught as history but we were not expected to use his methods, this was way before they were formally debunked.

I enjoyed working directly with children and training post-graduate psychotherapy students for universities, but I could not cope with colleagues or bosses. I didn't want to go into private practice because, in America, I'd have to pay for expensive malpractice insurance as well as rent an office space. Therefore, I worked for two organisations with dreadful people.

I then switched to research because I'd rather work with numbers than people. The first job was great but the second was soul-destroying because nobody understood the complexity of my work or respected me as a person.  

• I'm a big fan of Aerosmith and Black Sabbath (but post-Ozzy: Ronnie James Dio and Tony Martin, both of whom I've met). My other rock favourites include Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Roxy Music, The Kinks, The Who, Rainbow, Deep Purple, UFO, Thin Lizzy, Mott the Hoople, Bad Company, Blue Oyster Cult, Alice Cooper, Whitesnake, Rush, Sparks, 1970s Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Supertramp, ELP, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, The Alan Parsons Project, Queen, David Bowie, The Moody Blues, The Cars, Jethro Tull.

More recently than those oldies, I like Asia, New Order, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Big Country, Tears for Fears, The Psychedelic Furs, The Clash, Big Audio Dynamite.

My metal favourites include Rammstein, Dio, Iron Maiden,  Metallica, Judas Priest, Slipknot (and Nu Metal, Linkin Park).

I think that's everyone! JoySmiley

• Ah now, envisioning utopia.... that is among my special interests. That's way I am so intrigued by the connection between Minoan culture and the Atlantis myth, and whether or not the meteor blast that destroyed the buried city at  Tall El Hammam did have anything to do with the Yofom myth.

There's an excellent book around at the moment, Utopia for Realists, by Rutger Bregman. He would say that we have in part already achieved Utopia, until recent decades most people have ways been cold, hungry and dirty.

My idea of Utopia is modest: we can't do anything about old age, death and disease. Nor volcanoes, earthquakes and meteors, etc. They will always be around, even without our nukes. But where there is access to a decent health service and education, possibly a basic income so no one need starve unless they are very messed up..... well then that might help keep the worm in the apple, the more evil side of human nature at bay. Most surveys show that where there is the most inequality, there is also the most violence, lack of trust, mental illness, obesity, and more. A modicum of relative equality makes for a much healthier society! Then a spirituality that helps connect society with nature and what my lie beyond that may be very beneficial.

But there are some very destructive memes around, and again, this is human nature, with a shirt life span and-too apt to fall for dangerous ménes. 

I don't really want to write and debate much, the keyboard on my phone sucks for that. M

My two cents. 

• I have no idea why i thought you were American.  My mistake.  I am not fan of Mrs Thatcher.

• I would also like to know if you practice psychology or psychotherapy. 

How powerful is such treatment to beat isolation? 

• How do you desire to have a world with more case by case treatment, is it with more cognitive therapy for each depressed person? I use antidepressants, but have not yet tested talking out to a psychologist.

I would like to know why I feel depressed, is it because of autism?

• Science communication is a pretty cool interest 

I must also thank our western society which allows free journalism. 

• I'm British. Though I have Hungarian citizenship too now, having been naturalised 4 years ago.

The thatcher years first introduced monetarism, and then there were 3 million unemployed. Including for the first time graduates. 

• Do you practice psychology or psychotherapy? I was intrigued because you are one the few people who upticks my comments on here.  Maybe that could have been an alternative lifepath for me. I've only read a couple of books on that.  By R.D Laing and Victor Frankl.

• Great answer. Each individual human is so different. You are right.

• Are there any particular bands that float your boat?  I'm a big Aerosmith and Black Sabbath fan.

• Your work would fascinate me. Part of my research job was to write easy-to-understand reports about the effects of drugs and the research about drug use as part of drug prevention work with children.

Bad Science is brilliant. I spent (wasted) a lot of time in my job dealing with employees across the UK who were teachers but seemed to think they could do complex research evaluating drug prevention programmes. The number of appallingly inaccurate "studies" from invalid questionnaires to incorrect sampling made my head spin! I stopped every single "study". Ironically, much of my job was supposed to be helping them design valid research - listening to what they wanted to study and then designing proper research to meet their goals. I was not dictatorial, I was meant to work with them.

I liked to say "Research is a science not an art".

• Welcome my friend.

Dancing, music, Sci-Fi, just add those three together and boom the elixir of happiness is created. 

I think you are contributing to your own wellness very good through your actions, even to society as an artist. 

Did you know that Beethoven, Mozart and Bach in the classic music genre, is the top three artists who have made the most music works. Like they have made so much work, so many songs/components, more than anyone else I belive. Happiness you can achieve with persistence in your work, but autistic people always need friends.

• Thank you for your wonderful reply, it really touched me. I hope you always can, and do, follow your path and have great things come your way. 

• That's great. Rock music from the 1970s makes me happy for the time I listen to it. I think singing along is helpful too (perhaps not to my neighbours, if they can hear me!).

• I think it's probably pretty complicated- everyone's brain and circumstances are different so presumably so is everyone's experience of depression (amongst those who have that experience of course). Antidepressants have worked for me in the past but the effects are so variable that it's not really a yes or no answer. Ideally I'd like to live in a world where treatment/management of depression is done case by case to optimise it for each person, but sadly we're not there yet.