Introvert or Extrovert?

Or do those terms not really apply to us as part of the autism diagnosis includes difficulties with communication?

A response on this forum prompted me to think: are you an extrovert then?

Most people here appear to be introverts - however, does this just go back to autism?

Years ago I did the Myers-Briggs test and I came out as an INFJ (Advocate).

I seem to remember this was the rarest profile and my autistic friend was the same.

A link below for anyone interested:

https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality

So, if there was a choice between actually meeting a real person in real life or just an image of their face on a computer screen, the screen would win hands down for me!

How do you perceive yourself and do you think the term is relevant as we are autistic?

Parents
  • id say i'm an introvert, if i am in a group (shudder) i tend to stand back and listen from the fringes, if theres a dog or cat, then that is getting all my attention. i can hold a convo on the phone as thats part of my job, and i can text, but if i met any forum members i would for sure clam up. i still  dont know for sure if i have Autism or if im just really shy and socially awkward ?

• id say i'm an introvert, if i am in a group (shudder) i tend to stand back and listen from the fringes, if theres a dog or cat, then that is getting all my attention. i can hold a convo on the phone as thats part of my job, and i can text, but if i met any forum members i would for sure clam up. i still  dont know for sure if i have Autism or if im just really shy and socially awkward ?

Children
No Data