Encountered with a dog

One of the town residents really understand that I get nervous about dogs. The owner got a really well trained dog.

The butchers helper tried to make me friends with the dog. Every week the dog gets scrapes of meat. The owner wife said to him don't let rosy do anything if uncomfortable. 

Some owners don't understand about people getting nervous about dogs and make up excuses. Also unpredictable.

When first moved to the town a neighbour (now deceased); had a rescue dog and said don't touch her etc..  charity shops allow dogs and have doggy treats. Unfair as I just froze last time. 

Parents
  • I live within close proximity of a recreational playing field that is popular with local dog walkers. One of the access routes is via a winding path. In general, I am rather fond of dogs, but I often feel frustrated with some of the dog walkers. Long before they have reached the playing field, they will let their dogs off the lead. More often than not, the dogs will run ahead and out of view. Aside from the fact that the dog walkers cannot see if their dogs have made a mess that needs cleaning up, they also cannot see how their dogs may be reacting to other people or other dogs.

If there is a friendly dog on a lead, I have no issue with stopping to give it a bit of a fuss (providing the owner is OK with that). What I do find unnerving is when a dog comes charging at me, perceives me as a threat, and the owner is nowhere to be seen. 

• I live within close proximity of a recreational playing field that is popular with local dog walkers. One of the access routes is via a winding path. In general, I am rather fond of dogs, but I often feel frustrated with some of the dog walkers. Long before they have reached the playing field, they will let their dogs off the lead. More often than not, the dogs will run ahead and out of view. Aside from the fact that the dog walkers cannot see if their dogs have made a mess that needs cleaning up, they also cannot see how their dogs may be reacting to other people or other dogs.

If there is a friendly dog on a lead, I have no issue with stopping to give it a bit of a fuss (providing the owner is OK with that). What I do find unnerving is when a dog comes charging at me, perceives me as a threat, and the owner is nowhere to be seen. 

Children
No Data