Better for you now or in the past?

I've borrowed this question from something intimated in another thread.

Do you think life has improved for you as you have grown older?

Is it because society has changed or you/your life have changed or a combination?

There was a comparison in another thread with 1980.

I realise some of the readers here won't even have been born then!

I could write a long list of ways in which my life has improved since 1980, both on a personal level and on a 'society' level.

Where 'society' is concerned, the invention of the internet has made me much less isolated, much more knowledgeable, much more in control of my health and not at the mercy of the NHS.

I wouldn't know about my autism and many other things without it.

Also, mobile phones/texting and email mean that I no longer have to make phone calls (including from phone boxes!).

I could go on but I might even bore myself.

There is really very little I miss about 1980, except perhaps a quieter pace of life in general.

It's an interesting question and we all have a past, no matter how far back it goes.

How is it for you.

Better or worse?

Parents
  • Hi

Things are better for me now. Much better. The past for me is horrible and full of pain, death, suffering and depression. Last year I was here but in a dreadful place, I had two suicide attempts and had to go to a unit for my own safety. I never believed I'd get through and yet here I am. 

Now is better. I'm alive, healthy, happy, enjoying my life. Things are shaky between me parents and me still. Making the most of what we got. 

• Hi

Things are better for me now. Much better. The past for me is horrible and full of pain, death, suffering and depression. Last year I was here but in a dreadful place, I had two suicide attempts and had to go to a unit for my own safety. I never believed I'd get through and yet here I am. 

Now is better. I'm alive, healthy, happy, enjoying my life. Things are shaky between me parents and me still. Making the most of what we got. 

Children