What is autistic inertia?

I keep seeing posts here about autistic inertia. I have to ask what is that?

From the description it sounds like it may be what I am going through at the moment. Only trouble is I have an awful lot of stuff I actually HAVE to do and I don't know how I'm going to find the "energy" for want of a better word to do it.
Any explanations or tips would be very appreciated 

• My own solution, is meditation. When I quiet the mind the things most important to me appear in my mind's eye, then I know that is the direction to take

• autistic inertia is a delay in switching to a new activity, that's why multitasking is difficult for us

https://youtu.be/wOe1fliDs0I

• Has anyone got any tips when they are STUCK in a state of nothingness? To get going again? The bottom has fallen out of any momentum and because I only have routine on 2 days of my week, I am struggling.

• I believe this is another of those "moody" terms (ie not really defined, not really liked, not really understood, not really classified.) Personally, I think it is pretty linked to an even more moody term of PDA [Pathological Demand Avoidance / Pervasive Demand for Autonomy] that causes ructions 90% of the time - whenever (and where ever) - I have previously mentioned it.  I believe that "autistic inertia" and "PDA" are 'things' that fall in the nether-regions of the NT and ND worlds.  It will be interesting to see what other opinions arrive on this page.

Thanks for getting this one going Billy.

• Inertia:- a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force.

I don't think autistic inertia is a medical term or maybe known about much beyond the autistic community.

At an every day level this could be difficulty starting tasks unless prompted. Often I know what I need to do but just can't start. An example might be I want to go to bed, I need to go to bed but for some unknown reason I just can't motivate myself. My partner then gets up and says "I'm going to bed!" Now there's an external force motivating me. It happens time and again in different situations. I think on a wider level I feel like I've just ground to a halt being off work and I can't get started with things again. I feel stuck in my life. I know what I need to do but can't do it. I don't know if it's depression but I don't feel depressed. 

Similarly,  if I am focusing on something it can be hard to stop. I can remain in this state unless an external force interrupts me. This can apply to tasks or thoughts. This is why I know distraction from unwanted thoughts can help.

think it links to the idea of a monotropism brain and this might be why we can have difficulty with outside change.

m.youtube.com/watch a 30 second explanation 

podcasts.apple.com/.../id1548001224 a 15 minute listen

www.frontiersin.org/.../full a long read but very interesting