Why does there seem to be a high proportion of paedophiles with autism or aspergers?

I've been watching a lot of the paedophile hunter sting videos lately and almost all of the people they catch either have autism, ADHD , or in some cases a more severe learning difficulty. 

Obviously not all autistic people are paedophiles , and not all paedophiles are autistic but why is there perhaps a disproportionately high number of child sex offenders who are on the autistic spectrum? 

Parents
  • Is there any statistical evidence or us this just an opinion borne out of prejudice. It is logical to suppose that since a propotion of the population are paedophiles and a proportion are Autistic then some will be both. Indeed some NTs will also be paedophile. This does not mean that NTs tend to be paedophile. I doubt if the media will mention that a certain paedophile is not Autistic though. Journalists tend to do stories about particular cases and seek to generalise from one example. It just shows their ignorance. 

• Is there any statistical evidence or us this just an opinion borne out of prejudice. It is logical to suppose that since a propotion of the population are paedophiles and a proportion are Autistic then some will be both. Indeed some NTs will also be paedophile. This does not mean that NTs tend to be paedophile. I doubt if the media will mention that a certain paedophile is not Autistic though. Journalists tend to do stories about particular cases and seek to generalise from one example. It just shows their ignorance. 

Children
No Data