Support Groups for High Functioning Autism/Asperger Adults who are

Hi, Everyone,

I've recently been diagnosed with High Functioning Autism/Aspergers in my 40's and I'm wondering if there are support services or groups for people like me who are just about coping with life but could do with a little extra support?  From what I can see online so far, the majority of the support is aimed toward children and parents and those with more severe learning or behavioural difficulties.  I understand that these groups have the most acute challenges, but I'm wondering if there is anything in the community for those, like me, that are just about muddling along.  Any help in finding any groups or support would be gratefully received.  Thanks for reading.

Chris 

Parents
  • Highly recommend not sharing your location with strangers over the internet. 

• I appreciate that but I also appreciate when it comes to asking for recommendations on certain groups / services it's very location specific. Take NAS itself. There is no NAS local branch within 50 miles of me. If I lived in London there would be 7.

• I live in west yorkshire. Seems the further north you go the less well represented autism charities are.

• If you live in the Norfolk Area there is a social engagement occurring at the shoebox Cafe in norwich,Norfolk on thursday the 9th June between 1pm- 3pm for individuals with autism without intellectual disability for those aged 18 to 60. 

if you do not live in Norfolk you could contact your local authority and request that the Development Worker  of Adult Social Services Early Help and Prevention team to help from a group similar 

alternatively

autism Nottingham have online social engagements online for those aged over 18 + for anyone with autism without intellectual disability. Look on their facebook page for more details.  

• If you live in the Norfolk Area there is a social engagement occurring at the shoebox Cafe in norwich,Norfolk on thursday the 9th June between 1pm- 3pm for individuals with autism without intellectual disability for those aged 18 to 60. 

if you do not live in Norfolk you could contact your local authority and request that the Development Worker  of Adult Social Services Early Help and Prevention team to help from a group similar 

alternatively

autism Nottingham have online social engagements online for those aged over 18 + for anyone with autism without intellectual disability. Look on their facebook page for more details.  

Children