how would you react to someone forcing your door ?

In Scotland housing Associations are forcing doors of their tenants to install fire alarms, or they will threaten to force them so some people are opening their doors under duress. 

is this morally right if the person already has a good smoke alarm and lives in a small studio flat, and that they bought their own set of fire alarms in accordance with Scottish law to put up on the walls themselves? 

If you were vulnerable to covid in that you could die if you got covid how would you feel with people that could have covid coming into your home to fit  fire alarms? 

How would you feel if you hate noise and drills and you had no one to support you as they cannot travel to you as they are vulnerable to covid and they cant take public transport to you? 

How would you feel that since it is a studio flat and that you cant go outside as you need the loo regularly that you are left having no choice but to isolate to protect yourself form covid waiting in your bathroom for 2 hours for the installation and then an additional 2 hours as covid lasts in the air for hours after someone leaves even with the windows open? how would you feel if you felt trapped in the bathroom? but had no choice as you had to protect your life due to your vulnerability. 

And! you find out that the Government have added a clause to the law that means that authorities can extend the installation for vulnerable people but that your housing association is not listening to that fact? 

Do you think that this is wrong in relation to disabled people? 

On another case a woman did not know that they were going to force her door and she was in hysterics as she thought that they were breaking in to hurt her or rob the place. 

is this all morally right?

and if any of this would trigger a meltdown to you how would you feel?

Parents
  • If you are a tenant, trying to prevent the property owner from fitting safety devices in their property, you do face an uphill struggle legally speaking... 

You could organise, like the "freemen on the Land" people do against bailiffs, and you could even act outside of the law, but the law is generally held to be in societies interests and you'd face an uphill struggle with the P.R. around that. 

I'd personally focus my efforts of getting them to do it efficiently, and on an appointments basis, so the tenants can at least prepare themselves.

• If you are a tenant, trying to prevent the property owner from fitting safety devices in their property, you do face an uphill struggle legally speaking... 

You could organise, like the "freemen on the Land" people do against bailiffs, and you could even act outside of the law, but the law is generally held to be in societies interests and you'd face an uphill struggle with the P.R. around that. 

I'd personally focus my efforts of getting them to do it efficiently, and on an appointments basis, so the tenants can at least prepare themselves.

Children
No Data