How did you do in school?

Just curious about people who slipped through the net, so to speak.  How did you cope with school?  I developed quite good ways of hiding how much i struggled.  It helped that i was in most of the bottom sets, as no one really cared back then.  I was in the top set for biology, i excelled in that area.  Nothing else part from sport.  I hated going in every day,  i was like a zombie....i literally cant remember my last year in school.  Ive blanked it out completely. 

Parents
  • All these reply’s that I have read ring so many bells my son was a bright happy bubbly little boy before he started school and then bang the bubbly little boy disappeared every summer I would put him back together but he hated school and it all began before he was statemented because his teacher who I trusted bullied him.whilst the rest of the school was out playing he was in a class room being forced to drink from his water bottle

at senior school he made 1 friend but life at this school was just the same as the first, he hated it and loathed going in because the school valued independence they left him alone to study his GCSE resit maths he resat it 3 times and failed each time once by only one mark so at a time when he needed more support he got even less he would to have done a level history like his friend but that was not allowed because of his failure in spite of the fact the teacher knew it was his best subject 

so he came away with GCSE English, and a BTECH in science just like you all he excels at something and would like to become a narrative designer but his fear of education makes him believe it is not worth the efforts he would have to sacrifice put simply he hates his school life 

• All these reply’s that I have read ring so many bells my son was a bright happy bubbly little boy before he started school and then bang the bubbly little boy disappeared every summer I would put him back together but he hated school and it all began before he was statemented because his teacher who I trusted bullied him.whilst the rest of the school was out playing he was in a class room being forced to drink from his water bottle

at senior school he made 1 friend but life at this school was just the same as the first, he hated it and loathed going in because the school valued independence they left him alone to study his GCSE resit maths he resat it 3 times and failed each time once by only one mark so at a time when he needed more support he got even less he would to have done a level history like his friend but that was not allowed because of his failure in spite of the fact the teacher knew it was his best subject 

so he came away with GCSE English, and a BTECH in science just like you all he excels at something and would like to become a narrative designer but his fear of education makes him believe it is not worth the efforts he would have to sacrifice put simply he hates his school life 

Children
No Data