Windows NT

Oh, really? Hmm. Interesting.

I've got all three of my eyes on you now, Microsoft.

Windows NT - Wikipedia

Parents
  • Windows 3.1 on a laptop was an improvement on trying to run Fortran on a mainframe. You didn't have to worry about dropping the stack of punched cards ...  I remember when I got a modem at work - 75 bps. Yes, bits, not kb or Mb ... e-v-e-r-y ---l-e-t-t-e-r--- o-n-e---a-t---a---t-i-m-e.

• My first computer was Windows 3.1, purchased second-hand from a neighbour during the late 1990s. It now seems so basic compared with the Windows operating systems that followed. In my case, I used it solely for word-processing and to play DOS-based computer games.

I remember I had a quantity of floppy disks with the installation files for DOS, and another pile of floppy-disks with the installation files for Windows 3.1. There was no CD/DVD drive, so if I wanted to install anything, or save a copy of anything, it was a matter of using floppy disks.

• My first computer was Windows 3.1, purchased second-hand from a neighbour during the late 1990s. It now seems so basic compared with the Windows operating systems that followed. In my case, I used it solely for word-processing and to play DOS-based computer games.

I remember I had a quantity of floppy disks with the installation files for DOS, and another pile of floppy-disks with the installation files for Windows 3.1. There was no CD/DVD drive, so if I wanted to install anything, or save a copy of anything, it was a matter of using floppy disks.

Children
No Data