How and where did you meet your partner?

Hi all,

I'd like to hear the stories of how people met:

1. What do you love and admire about your partner?
  2. Where did you meet?
  3. What attracted you to them?
  4. Did they become your special interest?
  5. How long have you been together?
  6. How is the communication between you?

Thanks in advance.

H.

Parents
  • This thread has produced some lovely warm feelings.  As has been said, no marriage is perfect all the time but with work and effort it can be very fulfilling and life affirming.  Knowing someone is there for you and who, in turn, relies on you is a wonderful thing.

• This thread has produced some lovely warm feelings

This was my hope when I created the post as I was going through another period of loneliness in my singledom...

• I am a bit overwhelmed by how much loneliness there is on this forum.  It is so sad and I wish I could do more to help all you lonely people out there - I want to give you all a big hug and tell you that you are not alone.  For many years before I met my wife, I was in that pit of loneliness and it is hard to see when it is going to end sometimes.

I have tried many forums in the past and never stuck at them - same old problems of keeping in touch.  However I feel such affiliation to so many people here and it is so nice to know that there is support here if and when you need it.

• want to give you all a big hug

Thanks for your post.  That's what I miss the most.  A hug from a guy who I know loves me and supports me. I am happy in that I've experienced that in the past but am sad that I don't experience it in the here and now.  I know what you mean about the general "loneliness" vibe of the forum.  I too am sending hugs or warm vibes if hugs would be an overwhelming thing for some people.  It's good we're connected by our loneliness.  This forum has really helped me on many levels and for that I am very thankful.

• want to give you all a big hug

Thanks for your post.  That's what I miss the most.  A hug from a guy who I know loves me and supports me. I am happy in that I've experienced that in the past but am sad that I don't experience it in the here and now.  I know what you mean about the general "loneliness" vibe of the forum.  I too am sending hugs or warm vibes if hugs would be an overwhelming thing for some people.  It's good we're connected by our loneliness.  This forum has really helped me on many levels and for that I am very thankful.

Children
No Data