How and where did you meet your partner?

Hi all,

I'd like to hear the stories of how people met:

1. What do you love and admire about your partner?
  2. Where did you meet?
  3. What attracted you to them?
  4. Did they become your special interest?
  5. How long have you been together?
  6. How is the communication between you?

Thanks in advance.

H.

Parents
  • 1. Erm this is strangely hard to answer! Or maybe that’s just because we’ve been together so long!  We are definitely on the same wavelength about a lot of things and I seem to be able to tolerate his presence a lot more than other people’s!

2. We met at work but our shifts meant we were only there for an hour or 2 a week at the same time.

3. It grew over time, I knew who he was but didn’t really talk to him at work. On my last Saturday before I went home after finishing uni I forgot to return my locker key (they added security tags to them because there weren’t enough lockers do r one each) so I went back upstairs and my supervisor stopped halfway down the stairs, looked at my other colleague looked back at me  and said “oh I think I forgot something in the warehouse” then my way back out he came running up behind me to invite me to his birthday party. Next day my supervisor asked me if he asked me out I said no he invited me to his birthday drinks, she said no he was asking you out and I said no he invited me out with other people. The fact he was actually asking me out only twigged a year or so ago and this all happened mid 2007! We got on really well that evening and ended up together after a few weeks maybe

4. not really sure I can’t remember that far back in detail! We did play world of Warcraft together every spare minute we got because we lived 30 miles apart for quite some time and I went off it when he moved closer

5. Together since July 2007 and married since sep 2010

6. a lot of the time we’re on the same wavelength about certain things but other times we’re really not. He finds it hard to express when he’s approaching burnouts and I’m absolutely rubbish at spotting emotions unless they’re really obvious. Sitting quietly stewing about things doesn’t register with me at all. I let a lot of things slide as well which most people wouldn’t because he has a lot of struggle with executive dysfunction but also seems to have RSD so I find it easier to keep my annoyances to myself than risk him deciding I’ve implied that I’d be better off without him. Although at the same time it’s incredibly hard for me to manage the entire household cleaning and a lot of the childcare and working a very involved almost full time job!

• The fact he was actually asking me out only twigged a year or so ago and this all happened mid 2007!

That's so lovely.  I love that he had the confidence to invite you out and that you have been together since.  Yay!

Reply Children
No Data