Adult life being dull

So one thing I do hate about adult life is how boring it gets. It's very reppretive and half the time you feel like your in limbo. TV sucks new music sucks politics sucks religion sucks gaming sucks Christmas and birthdays sucks the older you get even football gets boring after you've been to like 5 matches. Wieredly though I've found the only thing these days that brings me pleasure is either stuff that scares me or brings me an adrenaline rush or physical pain. Which sure may make me sound crazy to some but when life gets boring to the point of beyond belief that's all that seems left. All I'm saving for now are tattoos as I have the majority of meterlistic items I need so now and I've exceled at my hobby so now I'm turning my body into art. Looking into taking up boxing too. And looking forward to hiking bit since covid everything's just been ***.

Parents
  • this sounds like such random ideas which may not help but:

maybe read a magazine? 

learn a language?

journaling?

getting tattoos sounds cool

• You chose my three most hated topics ironically haha appreciate the jestire though. I'm learning to sew cause I love customising battle jackets for music gigs. I like having something to where know one ellse does and standing out from the crowd. So hence battle jackets they started during the 80's.

• You chose my three most hated topics ironically haha appreciate the jestire though. I'm learning to sew cause I love customising battle jackets for music gigs. I like having something to where know one ellse does and standing out from the crowd. So hence battle jackets they started during the 80's.

Children
  • I get what you mean.  I've always wanted to be an individual and not follow the crowd like a sheep.....

• Have you considered taking up motorcycling?

Plenty of excitement and real existential danger in that activity. You could try and break the old paradigm that "there are old motorcyclists and there are bold motorcyclists but there aren't many old & bold motorcyclists. In fact, of all the bikers I started out riding with. I'm about the only one still doing it. And I'm still (rarely, admittedly) known to do triple the posted speed limit in places, but I've never managed the 4x multiple..

OR If I was young I'd seriously consider taking up microlighting or paragliding, (Don't do full size aircraft unless you are either rich or possessed of great charisma. I did, and it was an enormously unsatisfying waste of money for me. I joined the ranks of those who get thier licence eventually, then struggle to get any more hours in).  

I must admit, the worst part about biking was the time spent in the pub. And you rapidly learn as a biker, how  badly that socially sanctioned drug alcohol takes the edge of your performance.. (plus all my drinker mates seem to have circulatory & other health issues, the vast mount of which, we dope smokers don't seem to get).