Random question but why do middle class people pretend to be working class when there not

I know a few and it's really annoys me for some reason no idea why it greats on me either being from a middle class back ground myself but unedcuated so have to do a working class job when I do get back into one. Think id discribe myself as mudle class. I say be proud of your class and hertige why hide it out of fear or embrasment no matter what class you are and those who denigh there even is a class system are usually the ones who hate people for there class.

Parents
  • I think working class people try to be middle class too

personally, I have always felt out of place with both working and middle class. I grew up poor and in a rough area so I feel like middle class people look down on me but at the same time I have quite a middle class accent and some interests so I feel I don’t fit in with working class people either 

• Yeah I'm kind of with you on that even though most of my freinds are working class but I kind of feel like the outsider at times. Why I don't know but it's a confusing one. But it's kind of a slap in the face to those who are middle clas when the middle class pretend to be working cause it's just like saying we're afraid or don't want to be classed as middle class but want to fit in so pretend

• Yeah I'm kind of with you on that even though most of my freinds are working class but I kind of feel like the outsider at times. Why I don't know but it's a confusing one. But it's kind of a slap in the face to those who are middle clas when the middle class pretend to be working cause it's just like saying we're afraid or don't want to be classed as middle class but want to fit in so pretend

Children
No Data