Public Speaking & Confidence

Hi everyone,

Not my first time posting here, I originally posted on this site back when I was 16 which ended in a swift ban for being under-age. I'm now 20 and figured I might try again.

To keep it short; I'm simply open for any advice for public speaking and general confidence.
Please share your experiences, tips and anything useful!

Thanks,
Jack

Parents
  • For the public speaking part I joined the Guild of Toastmasters many years ago and learned through them. I think they are still on the go and offer the same sort of training.

Tips for the presentation itself - don't read out what is on the slide that is showing - that insults your audience who can read it themselves. Instead offer an overview and some additional info.

Avoid wearing clothes that will make you hot as you probably will warm up automatically from the tension and too many layers can make you feel restricted.

Maybe keep the odd question for the audience with a token gift for the right answer - this will keep them engaged and gives a nice distraction when it gets boring.

Most other points are already covered here I think.

• For the public speaking part I joined the Guild of Toastmasters many years ago and learned through them. I think they are still on the go and offer the same sort of training.

Tips for the presentation itself - don't read out what is on the slide that is showing - that insults your audience who can read it themselves. Instead offer an overview and some additional info.

Avoid wearing clothes that will make you hot as you probably will warm up automatically from the tension and too many layers can make you feel restricted.

Maybe keep the odd question for the audience with a token gift for the right answer - this will keep them engaged and gives a nice distraction when it gets boring.

Most other points are already covered here I think.

Children
No Data